Solicitation Planning involves the process of preparing the documents needed to support the solicitation. This process involves documenting program requirements and identifying potential sources (Garrett & Rendon, 2005). This contracting phase includes the following activities:
1. Selecting appropriate contract type.
2. Determine procurement method (sealed bids, negotiated proposals, e-procurement methods, procurement cards,)
3. Developing the solicitation document (IFB, RFQ, or RFP).
4. Determining proposal evaluation criteria, and contract award strategy (lowest priced versus best value).
5. Structuring contract terms and conditions. 6. Finalizing solicitation Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Statements of Work (SOW), or product or service descriptions.